Updated: Apr 9, 2022
6 eggs 1/4 cup coconut flour
3 large zucchini (coarsely grated)
1 carrot (grated)
250 g rind less bacon (diced)
1 brown onion (diced)
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/2 tsp sea salt freshly cracked pepper
butter (for greasing)
1. Preheat oven to 190°C (170°C fan forced). Line a 30cm x 20cm a large serving dish with baking paper and set aside.
2. Beat eggs in a large bowl , add coconut and beat again until smooth.
3. Pan fry onion with a little butter.
4. Add zucchini, carrot, bacon, onion (pan fried), coconut oil and mix
5. Add salt and pepper to taste and stir in.
6. Pour in to greased dish and bake for about 30-40 minutes or until cooked through and golden brown on top.
7. When cooked cut into pieces and serve hot or cold
Recipe inspired by: https://www.kidspot.com.au/kitchen/recipes/paleo-zucchini-slice-recipe/3kemngcj
You can find my Roddo's Rules video where I make delicious zucchini slice here
Rod Bucton caugh the outdoor adventure bug at a young age while growing up on his family's farm near Port Macquarie NSW. This now includes surfing, mountain biking, skateboarding, ocean paddling and trail running. After recovering from Lyme-like disease Rod has reshaped his life with a focus on achieving optimal health and fitness with an unconventional approach to food and exercise.
Rod now coaches middle aged women to do the same preparing them for a life of bucket list adventures.